Gateway is a service responsible for routing requests to/from or between Servables and Applications and validating these requests for matching a Model's/Application signature.
The Gateway maps a model’s name to a corresponding container. Whenever it receives a request via HTTP API, GRPC, or Kafka Streams, it communicates with that container via the gRPC protocol.
Gateway enables data flow between different stages in an Application Pipeline
Manager is responsible for:
- Building a Docker Image from your ML model for future deployment
- Storing these images inside a Docker Registry deployed alongside withmanager service
- Versioning these images as Model Versions
- Creating running instances of these Model Versions called Servablesinside Kubernetes cluster
- Combining multiple Model Versions into a linear graph with a singleendpoint called Application